Monday, November 2

a bowl of petunias

This is one of my very first (completed) D.I.Y. projects and therefore there will be a post on it. I had so much fun making the costume!
How to Become a Bowl of Petunias:

Step 1: Cut out a large number of petunia like flowers. I used a very thin foam found at Michael's for under $1 a sheet.


Step 2: Glue the flowers to a shirt you never want to use again. I found that Gorilla Glue works wonders! Everything glued with G.G. stayed on all night; the flowers I glued with rubber cement (when the tiny bottle of G.G. ran out) fell off.


Step 3: Attatch stems to the shirt. I only put a few stems on each side; it gave the idea of flowers but was less complicated, and in my opinion more attractive.


Step 4: Accessorize! The headband was one of my favorite parts and with a few adjustments I may just wear it again.


Step 5: Add a tutu (hot topic) under a white skirt (thrifted), white knee high socks (target), and moccasins (U.O.) and you have yourself one comfy (& cute--if I may say so myself) bowl of petunias!



2 comments:

  1. Cool how you and your bf's costumes were related! I've seen the movie before, think this is a really creative and unique idea even if it is obscure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! We had a lot of fun with it :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading sixbeforebreakfast and taking the time to comment. I read every comment and am so very grateful to have such awesome readers.

Thanks kittens!

Sarah Yvonne