Friday, February 5

damn you, scissors!

Yesterday, I cut my bangs.
I hadn't cut them in awhile and they were getting out of control.

Exhibit A:

For the past week or so, I'd been wearing them as side bangs but I grew bored of that. So I picked up my scissors (because I am broke phi broke) and chop chop.
Exhibit B:

Except, the problem with cutting your own bangs is that it's hard to know when to stop. So I looked down at my hair and said, "I can fix those split ends."
Chop chop.


Fuck.

Now my hair is uneven. Luckily you can only tell when I have it all hanging down my back (which I never do, see exhibit B). Hopefully I can get a friend to fix it for me.

Why is is so hard to stop cutting when it's your own hair? For me it's that I'm a perfectionist and I always think that if I trim just a little more here, or get rid of that stray piece over there, I'll look just like Zooey Deschanel. Actually, I have to go trim a stray piece of bang that bothered me all through class this morning.

What? You like my sweater?

Thank you, and yes it is the perfect Grandpa sweater!

Oh, snow day today! I'm so glad that I got to go to my favorite class before the closed the school down!

2 comments:

  1. I will totally fix your hair when I do the tips for you...if we can this weekend! if not how about next weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the hair!

    AND the sweater!

    xoxo
    maxwellconrad

    www.fledglingblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading sixbeforebreakfast and taking the time to comment. I read every comment and am so very grateful to have such awesome readers.

Thanks kittens!

Sarah Yvonne