Monday, June 14

when we were young


I want to be young again.

I want to be young and in love.

I want the love to be like a rope

and wrap itself around my chest

and pull so tight that I can’t breathe.

I want to forget that I need to breathe.

I want to be caught up in you.

I want to dream of you every night

and dream of losing you

and wake myself with heavy tears.

I want to dance in hot, sweaty clubs.

I want to be surrounded by other dancers.

I want the pulsing energy like a heartbeat around me

and in my chest is a heart that beats

and aches, aches with love for you.

I want to be young again.

I want to be in love again.

I want to be young and in love with you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading sixbeforebreakfast and taking the time to comment. I read every comment and am so very grateful to have such awesome readers.

Thanks kittens!

Sarah Yvonne