Friday, January 8

today i read through all the archives of:

New Dress A Day: A blog about a woman who gave herself a budget of $365 and the task to buy only thrift store clothing for one year. She does some amazing alterations and makes me want to learn to sew.

Kennedy Holmes: A living in Boston GRITS (Girl Raised in the South), who thrifts a lot and puts together super amazingly adorable outfits. Her roommate and friend...

Caroline Wilson
: takes amazing photos of Kennedy and others. I love both Caroline and Kennedy's hair. (They are making it hard for me to convince myself to cut mine).

Other things I love right now:

Nine: the now-in-theaters musical about Italy! Boyfriend and I went a couple nights ago and I fell in love. I've been singing "be Italian" ever since. It is similar to the style of the movie-musical Chicago. I highly recommend everyone see it!

Reading: I have read a million books over winter break. My favorites: The Jane Austin Club, A Walk in the Woods, The Book Thief, A Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing, and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell (it may be a little premature to name this as a favorite since I just started it). I also re-read a whole bunch of Tamora Pierce books (a favorite author of mine from my childhood). I'm taking Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies and a book about the misuses of history back to school.

Thrifting: I scored the most perfect grandpa sweater this past week! I also found a ballet-esque party dress, a blue sweater, the most ugly shoes in the world, and a brown purse.

I'm ready to go back to school because I'm tired of living out of a suitcase. I'm also ready for my own space again. This weekend is going to be super busy. Boyfriend and I are driving back to school tomorrow (assuming I finish packing) then driving to MD to celebrate the birth of my lovely friend, Katie. Sunday I will be back in MD for lunch and piercings! Hopefully I will find time to go get my hiking boots. I'm finally taking the plunge and investing in a pair.

I hope you have a splendiforous weekend. That means good. :-)

2 comments:

  1. I need to go thrifting...I'm loving Kennedy Holme's blog lately; she has such amazing style.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading sixbeforebreakfast and taking the time to comment. I read every comment and am so very grateful to have such awesome readers.

Thanks kittens!

Sarah Yvonne