Saturday, January 23

an alternative to overpriced thank you notes


This year, for the first time since I was a little girl, I wrote thank you notes for the Christmas presents I received. Instead of sending traditional cards purchased from Barnes and Noble or Hallmark I decided to make my own postcards. I printed out photos I'd taken and glued them to pieces of white poster board. I used sharpie to make the lines found on postcards.


I liked this a lot because it was easy and more personal then sending a generic card. I will be making postcards again; especially when I'm studying abroad in London this fall. I think it's far cooler to use the photos I've taken than to buy postcards from a street vendor. Next time I will use gorilla glue, I only had regular glue and it dried bumpy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading sixbeforebreakfast and taking the time to comment. I read every comment and am so very grateful to have such awesome readers.

Thanks kittens!

Sarah Yvonne